Graham Ablett is a Consulting Director at Strategic Proposals, where he helps clients to win specific opportunities as well as implementing effective and efficient proposal processes. He is a former board member of APMP in the UK, holding APMP Professional status, and is an APMP Approved Trainer.
Graham presents regularly to industry conferences worldwide – most recently, chairing a major panel session on international bidding. Has had numerous articles published on proposals, including one in the International Federation of Purchasing and Supply Management’s IFPSMezine
His achievements include:
- Over £1bn of revenue won for clients during his career.
- Interim head of bids for a professional services company since 2014 – doubling win rate and halving bid costs.
- Led a proposal improvement programme for an availability services company, including raising the new business win rate from 10% to 47%.
- Tripling the win rate for an enterprise IT company through support on specific bid opportunities.
- Formerly Head of Opportunity Management at Dell, where he managed a large bid centre team, and was responsible for the entire proposal process and for running major deals – including winning a position on all Lots of the OGC Buying Solution’s Catalyst contract, worth over £500m per annum to the company.
- Represented England and GB at fencing, culminating in winning a Gold Medal in the 1998 Commonwealth fencing championships.