A leading financial services consultancy is seeking a Bid Manager to join its team on a 12 month maternity cover contract. This role can be based in Birmingham (hybrid, 2 days in the office); applications will also be considered for the Liverpool and Cheltenham offices.
As the Bid Manager you will play a leading role in ensuring the effective co-ordination and timely completion of tenders in accordance with agreed company processes and best practice methodologies.
• Carrying out research for the kick off and solution meetings
• Leading the call / meeting to ensure relevant information is captured to facilitate the completion of the tender
• Ensuring win themes are developed that meet the client’s objectives and company propositions
• Storyboard and outlining with the team to provide a ‘golden thread’ throughout the tender
• Proactively develop and manage a network of subject matter experts
• Communicating the key messages to key stakeholders in a timely manner
• Communicate and influence at a senior level
• Ensure consistent branding for all company specific documents
• Ensuring the production of Pre-Qualification Questionnaire (PQQs), Invitation to Tenders (ITTs) and Presentations in accordance with agreed deadlines
• Fully owning and taking responsibility for tender projects
• Coordinating incoming data streams from subject matter experts
• Effectively communicating timetables and key messages throughout the tender process
• Working with the Bid Designer to produce a high quality bid response document
• Liaising with the Bid Designer to make sure there is available time and support to produce the required format of document
• Strong written English language skills are necessary for this role
• Experience in a similar role is expected (ideally 2 years minimum)
• Experience working in a professional services environment would be advantageous.
• An APMP accreditation is desirable (not essential) or knowledge/awareness of best practice
• Internal customer focused attitude
Systems experience/knowledge with proposal management software is desirable. ‘Responsive’ an advantage.
• Proven skills in producing and editing proposal content within a complex business environment. The bid writer will be experienced in leading storyboarding sessions, participating in key review meetings / final document review, content sign off and document production. Experience of coordinating and updating a work management system and Bid Library is beneficial.
• Must be a self-starter, highly organised, and able to work well with colleagues at all levels in the organisation.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows-based computer applications.
• Excellent time management/prioritisation skills as well as Tender Management are essential for this role.
• Pension experience is a bonus.
Should this position be of interest, please contact Ben Hannon on 0208 126 5231, or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org