A multi-disciplinary management consultancy is seeking a Bid / Tender Writer to join their team. The Bid / Tender Writer will be responsible for writing high quality bids, coordinating all bids and supporting the business in its growth and other key strategies.
Core Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Writing compelling and high-quality bids, tenders and proposals for the provision of a range of consultancy areas to clients.
• Ensuring there is a robust infrastructure in place for all bids activity
• Keeping the bids infrastructure under review to raise standards and ensure we pre-empt market changes in bidding activity
• Working with the Bids and Tenders Co-ordinator to ensure effective bid administration including logging of all bids.
• Supporting the Director with oversight and co-ordination for all bidding and tender writing.
• Acting as the lead liaison for bids, synchronising as needed with input from others including senior staff and associates
• Advising on project methodology and resource allocation for a bid
• Writing some or all parts of the bid, ensuring high quality, consistent and compelling writing
• Ensuring that bid co-ordination processes function effectively
• Ensuring submission of bids in accordance with deadline and format requirements.
• Attending pitch meetings/interviews as required, preparing presentation and other promotional materials as needed
• Maintaining a database of case studies
Required Skills and Experience:
• Degree level education or equivalent knowledge and understanding.
• A successful track record in a service delivery environment of writing bids for winning new business, or grant applications/funding proposals.
• A strong understanding of bid and tender-writing processes.
• Experience of bidding processes in local government, charities, or social housing providers.
• Excellent project management skills; able to co-ordinate activities involving a range of people.
• Experience of achieving substantial business growth through successful bid writing.
• Able to multi-task, used to working on several projects at a time, and prioritising workload.
• Excellent written and oral communication; able to present complex information clearly, succinctly, and persuasively to a range of audiences.
• Strong IT skills, with excellent working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; used to using the internet for research purposes.
• Able to build a network of professional working relationships with a variety of people in different organisations.
• Works flexibly, but is also structured in planning and co-ordination.
• Self-servicing; doesn’t need significant administrative resource, but knows when to delegate.
• Believes in equality for all, and champions diversity and inclusion in the work environment.
• Has energy, drive, enthusiasm, and commitment.
• Can work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
Should this position be of interest, please contact Lisa Easthope on 02081264537, or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org