A leading highways infrastructure firm is looking to recruit a creative Bid Writer to join their team on a permanent basis.
You will be reporting into the Head of Bid Quality and be responsible for developing written bid responses – creating a response to tender opportunities that is compelling, convincing, easy to understand and demonstrates how the company meet the client requirements. The Bid Writer will work within a multi-disciplinary team from across all parts of their business to deliver tender responses and ensure the company remains at the forefront of highways services in the UK.
Bid Writer Key Tasks
With an eye for detail, an exceptional passion for clear and concise professional writing, and some knowledge of bid processes, the Bid Writer is responsible for:
• Reviewing tender documentation and client requirements for inclusion in tender responses.
• Compiling, editing, and proofreading bid proposals which contain technical and non-technical content, and evidence.
• Liaison with graphic designers (internal or external) to create easy-to-read graphics that convey the desired messages.
• Ensuring that responses are presented in a professional and concise manner in liaison with the Bid Co-ordinator.
• Reviewing and revising documents prepared by others and coordinating the preparation of those materials into a completed bid document.
• Supporting the Bid Co-ordinator with written pieces for the selection questionnaire.
• Working within the timeline of the bid, supporting other writers and members of the team in the production of the quality responses.
• Developing knowledge of business, its products and services by reading and reviewing previous bid documents and spending time with operational, technical and commercial functions.
• Supporting the development of our SharePoint based knowledge library.
• Contributing to the writing of non-bid documents, for example award submissions, case studies and newsletters.
• Contributing to the development of standard ‘boilerplate’ statements for frequently asked topics, including engagement with subject matter experts within the business Provide leadership and guidance to less experienced staff.
Bid Writer Qualification / Skills & Experience
• Ideally hold an English Degree or hold an English A-Level with a high pass; B, A or A+
• Demonstrable experience of being able to interpret technical and contractual information into easy-to-read and impactful proposals.
• A higher-level qualification in Copywriting or Journalism may also be considered.
• Experience of writing technical and non-technical quality submissions, preferably in the highways sector for local or central government contracts.
• Proven writing ability with outstanding written English grammar, spelling and vocabulary.
• Excellent communicator, able to liaise with other teams and individuals from operative to MD level to gain information for responses, such as evidence of our proven approach.
• Process led, with an ability to start an answer plan from a blank page.
• Strong MS Word skills, including formatting and knowledge and experience of other systems such as SharePoint, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Proven experience of writing and contributing to bids/quality submissions for public sector – local or central government contracts. Preferably in the highways sector, though this is not essential.
For further information or to apply for this Bid Writer role, please contact Lisa Easthope on 0208 126 4537 or email firstname.lastname@example.org