- Expertise: Bid Team Leadership & Innovation
- Relevant Skills: CPP APMP, CIM Chartered Marketer
- Industry Experience: Professional Services
Peter is recognised for his strengths in bid team leadership, innovation and performance improvement.
One of the first law firm employees to achieve the APMP Certified Professional qualification, Peter is also a winner of an APMP UK national award for Innovation.
“Peter is recognised for finding new ways of making a positive impact to successful bid and proposal management.” source – APMP UK
He joined the national law firm, Weightmans LLP, as tendering manager in 2007 following 15 years in the IT industry.
The culture and dynamics of a law firm often mean bid team stakeholders are pushed to perform outside their traditional mindsets. Peter places great emphasis on ensuring solicitors are challenged, energised and inspired throughout the bid lifecycle to maximise the impact of tenders being submitted for legal services. His approaches and insights, based on real life examples from within a top 40 law firm, demonstrate the importance of applying innovative thinking to positively influence others to strive for excellence when tendering.
Peter speaks at conferences, and regularly shares insights on how he gets stakeholders to make an effective contribution to bids when the field is outside their comfort zone. His innovative thinking gets results by focussing minds, promoting bid team collaboration and stimulating creativity. He has also written articles, for example in Professional Services Marketing Group magazine, where he explains how leadership that promotes genuine collaboration can stimulate creativity and drive bid teams to produce high impact tenders.
- Peter manages the complete tender process, leading many notable multi-million pound successes at Weightmans LLP.
- His regular analysis of activities throughout the full bid lifecycle and review of industry best practice drive continuous improvement.
- He defines tender specific processes and tools to aid team consistency; produces insightful performance reports offering recommendations and delivers engaging training programmes to develop tendering skills of lawyers.
Peter also has a Masters degree in marketing and has held chartered marketer status with the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) for over a decade.