Exciting opportunity for an experienced Bid Manager to join a Global Infrastructure Group in their UK construction division. The Bid Manager will be responsible for the delivery of tenders to the client and manage the bid team. This will in turn entail ensuring that team members have clear and concise direction to ensure delivery a competitive, efficient tender programmes and high quality bids.
What your role will entail: –
• Drive and energise the bid team to achieve a successful outcome for each allocated tender.
• Continually evaluate winning strategy and direct team and resources to focus on activities which will enhance chance of bid success
• Arrange and manager Bid Kick Off
• Agree Bid Budget and monitor expenditure.
• Manage tender programme.
• Undertake corporate approval process in conjunction with the Work Winning Director
• Issue Ops / Commercial / Temp Works / Specialist third party briefs Identify Estimator and Planner requirements where necessary.
• Communication management and interface with joint venture partners and key supply chain
• Oversee designers Brief in conjunction with Technical Services and manage designers where necessary to achieve optimum solutions
• Oversee and be involved with tender commercial strategy
• Manage Risk / Opportunity including commercial
• Arrange and co-ordinate tender and post-tender meetings / interviews with the Client / Employers Agent
• Manage / take part in the review of the Quality Submission
The successful incumbent will have:-
• A background in Civil Engineering/Construction e.g, major structures (including tunnels and bridges), rail or highways.
• A degree in Civil Engineering or similar.
• Excellent inter-personal, communication, organisation and planning skills.
Competitive remuneration package which includes base salary, a company car or allowance, 25 days holiday entitlement (plus bank holidays), a contributory pension scheme, life assurance and a contributory health care scheme.
If this is of interest, please contact Tanya Smith on 0208 1640651 or email firstname.lastname@example.org