A leading catering organisation is seeking a Proposal Manager to support and produce creative, strategic, solution-based bid proposals. The ideal candidate will be able to project manage large complex bid opportunities, from kick-off to appointment. As a creative self-starter, the Proposal Manager will be focused on driving the bid process to develop and implement ideas which shape compelling client solutions.
• Lead and manage in all aspects of bid creation, management and submission.
• Manage the creation of proposals and presentations. This includes; bid writing standard and some technical content, project management of the entire bid lifecycle, supporting the development of win strategies, and persuasive delivery structures, creating the bid brand guidelines and managing external suppliers and consultants. The Proposal Manager will research, author, edit and challenge content.
• Track and manage progress of the bid through the Compliance Matrix. Regularly communicate progress updates to the entire bid team.
• Support Sales and Retention Lead in identifying win strategies, solution design, and management of tender clarification logs and preparation of the Bid Overview template prior to the kick-off workshop.
• Support kick off workshops for entire bid team ensuring win themes are captured, competitor and SWOT analysis. The Proposal Manager will ensure the winning strategy and win themes are articulated effectively throughout the bid response.
• Support sector bid writer and bid authors in creating responses.
• Support the design process using Adobe Creative Suite to create high impact bids, proposals and presentations.
• Brief Design Managers collaborating with conceptual development, artworking and printing
• Conduct post-pitch debriefs with Bid Leaders to collate any new content submitted within the bid and feedback to Content Development team.
Key Skills / Experience
• Proven track record of persuasive bid writing to create compelling sales documents.
• Strong communication skills, with high attention to detail.
• Advanced use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Outlook and Adobe Acrobat
• Use of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe InDesign
• Ability to format reports and produce and deal with large documents
• 2+ years demonstrable experience of working in a bid management and writing environment
• Creative, willing to develop, drive and implement new solutions
• Experience of more than one professional organisation or industry is an advantage
Should this position be of interest, please contact Ben Hannon on 02081265231 or email email@example.com, enclosing a copy of your CV.