New opportunity as a Proposal Manager with a leading engineering consultancy firm. The Proposal Manager will work closely with their technical and project leaders to win profitable business. The role encompasses managing work winning activities from capture through to the convert phase of the Winning Work lifecycle and business development activities. The Proposals Manager’s core functional duties include managing / coordinating the interfaces between business leaders, technical staff and others in the proposals team to produce best quality proposals.
The Proposals Manager needs to understand the objectives of the Environment team and to play a key part in the production of compelling materials mainly through bid and proposal management and production of well written responses. Once allocated to an opportunity, the Proposals Manager will establish and manage the bid team, liaising with clients and partners as required, organising the appropriate reviews and approval meetings and submitting the proposal. They will lead the development of win strategies, tender planning, written responses, reviews and response delivery including handover to delivery teams of won opportunities.
Your new role, what’s involved?
• Managing / facilitating the delivery of bids across the procurement lifecycle including proposal kick off, winning and review meetings
• Following best practice and complying with governance process including supporting qualification, review and close out procedures (e.g lessons learned reviews)
• Working with technical authors to convert knowledge into high scoring content
• Facilitating the development of the winning bid strategy, with supporting win themes and storyboard development.
• Manage interfaces with the wider proposals team, other UK / global business streams and partners / subconsultants
• Writing and supporting impactful, tailored, technically differentiated bid content.
• Identifying and / or re-working existing pre-written content where relevant, and proofreading
• Collating market and competitor intelligence and other industry research
• Tracking pursuits across the bid lifecycle.
• Produce best practice materials such as CVs and project sheets
They would love to hear from you if you have:
• Strong and effective verbal and written communication, with a collaborative approach
• Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise.
• Excellent command of English language for editing text and response writing
• Robust project management skills with a meticulous approach to detail and quality
• Ability to develop strong relationships and rapport with internal and external stakeholders
• A proactive approach, using initiative and taking responsibility for own actions
• Ability to assimilate large volumes of information and understand, plan and manage associated workflows
Should this position be of interest, please contact Lisa Easthope on 0208 126 4537 or email firstname.lastname@example.org