A multi-national professional services firms with offices nationwide are seeking an established and motivated Bid Manager to join its team. The Bid Manager will be managing the pursuit process end to end, engaging the right people, shaping, editing and reviewing proposal documents, working on presentation preparation and identifying creative ways to communicate messages to their clients. You will have responsibility for driving the pursuit, ensuring deadlines and timelines are adhered to and organising all parties involved. You will be an exceptional project manager with great communication skills.
You should have experience of attending and contributing to kick-off / strategy meetings and proposition development, advising on messaging and content of proposal documents including design and production. As well as, planning and structuring rehearsals, and support and guidance on post decision reviews.
Bid Manager Responsibilities:
• Provide end-to-end support throughout the proposal life cycle, including proposal management and advice, presentation coaching and obtaining client feedback
• Working with stakeholders to align support to priority areas and drive bid and proposal best practice, whether that’s through training, reporting on key trends or other means
• Supporting the client team to draft documents and collateral, including cover letters, executive summaries, team and CV information, and firm experience
• Reviewing and amending the proposal document and collateral
• Carry out internal pitch team debriefs and conduct Post Decision Reviews (PDRs) with the client
• Responding promptly to proposals content queries and building networks of SMEs across the Firm
• Proactively seeking new methodologies, tools and innovations to deliver proposals in different ways.
• Work closely with Business Development, Account Management and Marketing to form a seamless value chain for their clients
Skills and Experience Required:
• Experience in a proposals or pursuit role
• Exceptional project management skills and ability to work with a large number of teams at once
• Excellent influencing, strong communication and facilitation skills in order to be credible and be able to challenge management and senior stakeholders
• Ability to build and manage relationships at a senior level, as you will be required to change and influence senior stakeholders
• A proactive ‘can-do approach’ is vital, self-starter mentality with sound commercial understanding
• Experience of drafting and reviewing written communications to deliver specific messages within tight deadlines
• Proven track record of bid / proposal management and bid advice
• The drive to deliver excellent client service through the proposal process
• Emotional intelligence and an ability to flex style to the situation
Should this position be of interest, please contact Lisa Easthope on 0208 126 4537 or email email@example.com