A leading catering organisation is seeking a Bid Writer to support and produce creative, strategic, solution-based bid proposals. You will be involved in the project management of the entire bid lifecycle. This will include researching, authoring, editing and challenging content, supporting the development of win strategies and persuasive delivery structures, whilst creating bid guidelines and managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
As the Bid Writer you will be responsible for ensuring that bid responses are written in a style and format to ensure:
• Professionally written and structured responses to questions which maximise ease of reading and award of marks by the evaluator
• Clarity of win themes and client WITY (What’s Important To You) is strongly articulated within written responses.
• Quantifiable evidence is included within responses to support our proposed solution
• The bid is fully compliant with all stated requirements
• A consistency in tone of voice, messaging and language across multiple answers
• Deployment of best practice writing techniques
• Responses are proofread and edited appropriately
• Work with, and challenge SMEs where required, to ensure that their responses are appropriate, compliant and correct.
• Owns designated questions, review, edit and enhance all answers ensuring that there is an introduction and summary for each section where relevant.
• Author executive summaries.
• Provide style guides and writer instructions to all members of the bid team.
• Develop new content for the knowledge library.
• Mentor and support the wider team as required.
• Attend all bid progress meetings
• Liaise and direct third parties involved in writing sections of the bid response documents, where relevant
• Author answers requiring standard boilerplate
• Identify bottlenecks or resource constraints and escalate for resolution.
Required Skills / Experience:
• Ambitious, people oriented, inquisitive, passionate, organised with the ability to build relationships quickly and effectively at all levels of the business
• Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplined team, and lead SMEs and operators to support the successful delivery of the bid programme
• Uses the right influencing techniques to gain the necessary commitment and support from others, both internally and externally
• Listens to others, and values their contributions, receptive to new ideas, and acts in an ethical and socially responsible manner.
• Expert writing skills and attention to detail
• Able to work as part of a team and independently using their own initiative
• Proven track record in working on and winning complex, high value bids
• Proven track record of persuasive bid writing to create compelling sales documents
• Able to build relationships internally and externally, comfortable working at Director level with the necessary skills to guide a diverse team successfully through the bid process
• Creative, strategic thinking and ability to look at different ways of doing things
• Willingness to develop, drive and implement new solutions
• Appropriate experience in tender management methodology
• Ability to manage complex, multi-service scenarios and to think clearly under pressure
Should this position be of interest, please contact Ben Hannon on 0208 126 5231, or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org