Our client, a leading public sector organisation specialising in the employment, skills and rehabilitation sectors is seeking a Bid Manager to join its team.
The Bid Manager is responsible for delivering high quality bids on time and within budget. The role will be required to build strong relationships across the business to ensure that bids are reflective of the company’s values and approach. This includes, but is not limited to, working with the wider Strategy and Growth team, operational colleagues and corporate support services to develop successful bids, ensuring that bid teams are fully briefed and understand the key deliverables required.
They will be responsible for working with the Head of Bid Management to define win-themes for each bidding opportunity and for ensuring that the bid writers have a full understanding of the solution and win-themes.
The role requires strong project management skills as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills. They will ensure that all bids meet internal governance requirements and are quality assured against commissioner requirements. The role will work across all business pillars, therefore the postholder must have the ability to quickly understand complex operational delivery models and different commercial/funding models.
Key Responsibilities for the Bid Manager
• Lead on researching, writing, preparing and submitting high quality bid and proposals in line with the growth strategy. The role involves both bid management and bid writing duties.
• Ensure that all bids have a fully developed and monitored bid project plan, including but not limited to, clearly identified milestones, defined workstreams with associated activities, a risks and issues log, compliance matrix and clarification question log.
• Manage the progression of the bid through the bid governance process, preparing briefings and updates to enable smooth sign off.
• Facilitate bid related meetings, including but not limited to kick off meetings, solution design workshops, review meetings, governance meetings.
• Work with the Head of Bid Management to ensure the bid has clearly defined win themes that can be articulated throughout the bid narrative.
• Work with the Bid Writer(s) to ensure they have a good understanding of the solution and are able to effectively articulate the win themes.
• Work with the operational lead and/or Solution Design Manager (on large/complex bids) to define a winning solution.
• Work closely with the Commercial Modeller to develop a winning commercial submission.
• Ensure that all bids are quality assured and reviewed in line with the established quality assurance process.
• Support the handover of successful bids to the implementation team.
Person Specification & Experience
• Educated to Degree level (or equivalent by experience).
• Excellent project management skills, a qualification in project management is desirable.
• 2-5+ years’ experience working in bid management.
• A proven track record of success in competitive tender/bid writing leading to securing strategic, high value government funded or commercial contracts within relevant markets, including but not limited to Employability, Skills and Justice.
• Experience of facilitating solution design processes and working with a commercial lead and operations to develop financially viable, winning solutions.
• Experience of working with multiple commissioners and an ability to accurately interpret commissioner specifications, simplifying and communicating these more widely within the business.
• Good financial and commercial awareness with an ability to gather and present information to support commercial decisions.
• Experience of assessing bid opportunities and making recommendations based on organisational strategy, track record, winnability and risk.
• Understanding of how to build and monitor a bid budget to ensure that bid submissions provide sufficient return on investment.
Should this position be of interest, please contact Lisa Easthope on 0208 126 4537 or email firstname.lastname@example.org