Bid Manager/Senior Bid Manager
Location: Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire / Hybrid
Salary: Competitive + Excellent Benefits
VolkerFitzpatrick is one of the leading engineering and construction companies in the UK, offering specialist building, civil engineering and rail expertise in a truly integrated service. Their experienced teams deliver successful infrastructure projects across sectors, including rail, airports, highways, defence, ports, waste and energy.
Their people work closely with clients to understand their requirements and objectives and translate this into delivery solutions that are innovative, sustainable and exceed expectations.
VolkerFitzpatrick is part of VolkerWessels UK, a multi-disciplinary construction and civil engineering group with five companies operating across the UK.
Due to organic growth, they are now looking for an experienced Bid Manager/Senior Bid Manager for their infrastructure business. Their current portfolio is diverse and includes major civils and rail projects across the country.
The successful candidate will lead tender submissions, managing the full bid process and ensuring continuous improvement.
• Delivering work winning tenders – managing the full tender from pre-start win strategy to lessons learnt reviews post submission
• Making the best use of internal and external bid team members – ensuring their deliverables are met and to the agreed timescales
• Developing the tender win strategy and challenging all aspects of the tender response – including commercial, programme, methodology and the quality submission
• Managing tender presentations as required for governance and client purposes
• Identifying innovation to further develop work winning opportunities.
Key Skills and Experience:
• Proven experience of bid management – preferably within civils and/or rail infrastructure
• Excellent communication skills and ability to develop strong working relationships with subject matter experts and operational staff
• Building and managing bid teams, and ensuring compliance with company procedures for the bid process
• Providing constructive challenge to optimise submissions
• Developing winning bid strategies that incorporate lessons learnt
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Managing multiple priorities in demanding timescales
• Effectively delegating duties to supporting staff.
To apply, please click on the link: