Our Client, a Civil Engineering company specialising in the rail and power sectors, is currently seeking a Senior Bid Manager.
The Senior Bid Manager will take ownership of the work winning process from cradle to grave. In conjunction with the Work Winning Director the Bid Manager will assemble and manage a bid team that has the skills to prepare and submit a winning bid. Responsible for managing an opportunity from prequalification, including developing the bid programme, the win strategy, a winning the solution, and all documents required within the Client’s submission.
The Bid Manager will be involved in the pitch/presentation and negotiation stages, ensuring all lessons learned are fed back and implemented.
* Manage the end-to-end bid process.
* Manage bid teams and inputs from key stakeholders, typically engaging with sales, marketing, finance/commercial, and project management / delivery.
* Assist in developing a clear win strategy for each bid and ensure win themes are clear and compelling.
* Understand and resolve complex technical, strategic and business issues.
* Contributing to the written proposal – both in terms of content and presentation (such as providing guidance around the executive summary).
* Ensure timescales are achieved at each step of the bid process, including all internal governance, while taking the initiative in setting realistic deadlines.
* Ensure on-time submission of compliant and commercially sound bids.
* Co-ordinate and plan on client presentations as & when required as part of the bid submission.
* Drive continuous improvement, through post-bid reviews, both internally and with customers.
* Measurable bid writing experience in the engineering /construction industries
* Great at fostering relationships, influencing, teamwork and collaboration
* Strong business and commercial acumen
*You will be self motivated, great at working independently and a self starter
* You will be able to get things done.
For more information please contact Tanya Smith on 0208 1640651 or via email at email@example.com