Pippa has been a Bid Writer for over 15 years, working as an employee for major companies within the Highways and Civil Engineering Sector for the first ten. She started freelancing in 2012 which led her to write for companies across a variety of sectors (construction, facilities management, custody and forensics) although highways and civil engineering will always be her passion. Pippa’s range of clients is diverse, from small companies new to bidding who need help with the entire process, to large corporate bid teams and tender specialist companies.
Pippa came to the bidding world after training to be a drama teacher. Due to a lack of teaching positions on graduation, she started temping with a road surfacing company (contract coordinating and estimating) then trained to manage site works before falling into bidding when PQQs started to get more onerous!
Pippa has a passion for well-organised, simple language, which answers the exam question. She encourages her clients to tell their story with a customer focus, backed up by clear evidence. She has learnt many valuable lessons and is keen to share the knowledge she has gained to ensure continued income and return clients.
- Successfully assisting small companies to bid on the same stage as large corporates
- Providing added level of confidence through technical and operational knowledge of civil engineering operations
- APMP Practitioner Certification
- Presenter at the APMP UK Conference, APMP Mentor and member of the APMP Communications Group
- Member of the Institute of Asphalt Technology Council and Managing Editor of Asphalt Professional