- Expertise: Highways & Civil Engineering Expert
- Relevant Skills: BEd (Hons), CPP CAP APMP
- Industry Experience: Highways, Civil Engineering
Pippa has been a Bid Writer for twenty years, working as an employee for major companies within the Highways and Civil Engineering Sector before going freelance in 2012. She grew Pipster Solutions in 2020 by taking on three staff to offer a better level of service for clients. Pippa and her team write for companies across a variety of sectors (construction, facilities management, custody and forensics) although core clients are from highways and civil engineering. Pipster Solutions has become a successful, sustainable business with over 40 clients, delivering bid writing, reviewing, editing, management, coaching and ongoing support.
Pippa came to the bidding world after training to be a drama teacher. Due to a lack of teaching positions on graduation, she started temping with a road surfacing company (contract coordinating and estimating) then trained to manage site works before falling into bidding when PQQs started to get more onerous.
Pippa has a passion for well-organised, simple language, which answers the exam question. She encourages her clients to tell their story with a customer focus, backed up by clear evidence. She has learnt many valuable lessons and is keen to share her knowledge to give back to the community.
Pippa is a fan of keeping things simple, a champion of small companies and a supporter of creating and maintaining healthy connections with other bidding professionals. She wants young people to have easy access to information about amazing careers in bidding.
- Successfully assisting small companies to bid on the same stage as large corporates
- Providing added level of confidence to clients through technical and operational knowledge of highways and civil engineering operations
- APMP Professional Certification, presenter at the APMP UK and BPC Conferences, APMP UK Individual Career Lead and Rapport Mentor, and member of the international APMP Intentional Career Path Committee
- Member of the Institute of Asphalt Technology and Chartered Institute of Highways and Transportation
- Leading bidding community networking and learning sessions #ThursdayThrong and #BidBites