Peter is the Founder and Director at Enginance Consulting Ltd., specialising in strategic cost modelling, estimating and pricing. His 15 year career has seen him at Network Rail, Arup and Detica (now BAE Systems Applied Intelligence) and most recently in senior cost estimating and pricing roles at Aegis and Thales.
Peter is experienced in absorption and value pricing, international currencies, high risk financial and contractual terms and many different contract types such as cost plus, firm fixed price, target cost and single/sole source. He has led numerous matrix-teams to optimise cost and price across delivery, risk mitigation, margin, competitive-edge, cash-flow and presentation to the client.
Peter’s achievements include:
- Successfully leading numerous estimating, cost modelling and bid pricing teams in high pressure situations to deliver on time in full and to high quality standards
- Leading winning pricing strategies, particularly for firm fixed price contracts
- Forging collaborative working relationships between sales, operations, bidding, programme management, legal and finance teams/directorates
- Creating innovative solutions to estimate and quantify the cost & price mix early in the bid cycle; this facilitates bid qualification and target-setting across the cost-base, contingencies and margin
- Leading projects to improve estimating capabilities and competitive pricing capabilities
- Pioneering multi-£m and multi-£bn ‘activity based cost’ models to govern strategic business planning and regulatory funding in the Rail industry
- Cost modelling, pricing and winning over £300m of revenue over his career to date, the most sizeable single award being £165m with strong operating profits
- Designing and delivering business-user Excel spreadsheet training courses