- Expertise: Proposal Management & APMP Training Expert
- Relevant Skills: CPP APMP Fellow
Jon is the Managing Director of Strategic Proposals. He and his team work with clients worldwide to help them establish winning proposal capabilities and to capture major deals. He has built and led numerous bid and proposal centres; managed, reviewed and benchmarked countless proposals; worked in over thirty countries; and trained over 10,000 course participants.
An award-winning writer and trainer, Jon was APMP UK’s first chief executive in 2001/2. He is a Fellow of the association, holds APMP Professional status and (as an APMP Approved Trainer) has helped over 2,500 candidates to achieve certification. He’s also a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts, and of the Institute of Professional Sales.
Achievements / experience:
- Started his career in procurement, before moving into the proposal profession in 1999.
- Served as a board director of PMMS, the leading strategic procurement consultancy, for five years.
- Set up and managed Compaq’s Strategic Bid Centre in 1999-2001, radically increasing win rates.
- Numerous industry accolades include APMP UK’s People Development award for three consecutive years (with Capita, Vodafone and WSP) and APMP’s global Leadership and Insight Awards. Finalist, UK Sales Trainer of the Year 2015.
- Winner of the APMP Founder’s Award, the highest award in the bid and proposal profession, in 2020.
- Co-author (with BJ Lownie) of the ‘Proposal Guys’ blog, and of the bestselling book ‘Proposal Essentials’ (2013) and its sequel ‘Passionate About Proposals’ (2018).
- Regular keynote speaker at conferences worldwide, and author of numerous thought-leading articles and white papers.
- Leadership so far in his career of teams that have captured over £20bn of business, with a win rate in excess of 85%.