Jon is the Managing Director of Strategic Proposals. He and his team work with clients worldwide to help them establish winning proposal capabilities and to capture major deals. He has built and led numerous bid and proposal centres; managed, reviewed and benchmarked countless proposals; worked in over thirty countries, and trained many thousands of course participants.
An award-winning writer and trainer, Jon was APMP UK’s first chief executive in 2001/2. He is a Fellow of the association, holds APMP Professional status and (as an APMP Approved Trainer) has helped some 2,000 candidates to achieve certification.
Achievements / experience:
- Started his career in procurement, before moving into the proposal profession in 1999.
- Served as a board director of PMMS, the leading strategic procurement consultancy, for five years.
- Set up and managed Compaq’s Strategic Bid Centre in 1999-2001, radically increasing win rates.
- Numerous industry accolades, including: APMP UK’s People Development award in 2014, 2015 & 2016 (with Capita, Vodafone and WSP); APMP’s Leadership and Insight Awards; finalist, UK Sales Trainer of the Year 2015.
- Co-author (with BJ Lownie) of the ‘Proposal Guys’ blog, and of the bestselling book ‘Proposal Essentials’ (2013) and its sequel ‘Passionate About Proposals’ (2018).
- Keynotes and presentations at a wide range of conferences worldwide, and author of a range of articles and white papers.
- Line management thus far in his career of teams that have captured over £15bn of business, with a win rate in excess of 85%.